Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Favorite Maps

After looking through the handout of maps, i picked my 2 favorites. The first one was the map of the air routes. I think this map was very appealing me me aesthetically. I liked it because you cant tell what it's a map of (or that it's a map at all) by just looking at it. I like how all the different straight and curved lines come together heavily in some place and in other places, only a single line passes through.
The other map i liked was the one called "A dogs idea of an ideal country estate". This is such a fun, silly map and i really like the imagination that went into creating it. I think doing a map like this for Elon would be hilarious and would be so well received by the Elon students. We could poke fun about Elon traditions, locations, stereotypes, etc. Oftentimes, a less traditional approach can be the most successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment